Neste tråd
Print tråd
Skiing mountainering in summer
#159840 28/07/2008 2:04 PM
Bine Offline OP
Nytt medlem
OP Offline
Nytt medlem

To Begin, sorry but i don´t speak Norvegian and my english is bad.

I am french student in Trondheim and I woulld like to know if somebody have information about the skiing øountainering in Norway during the summer (where? when?) I have one problem, i leave my glacier material in France so do you know a peak to ski in august without glacier or not very dangerous glacier

Thank you very much and I apolgy for my english

Re: Skiing mountainering in summer
Bine #159841 28/07/2008 4:38 PM
Tørr bak øra
Tørr bak øra

Unfortunately there aren't many options for non-glacier skiing around Trondheim in august. The snow that is left is melting fast these days.. Alnestind in Romsdalen/Trollstigen could still be an option, however that's a 3-4 hours drive from Trondheim. I'm not sure how the western parts of Jotunheimen and Strynefjell are doing snow-wise, and most potential ski-trips will involve atleast some glaciated terrain i think.

When studies begin you should get in touch with Ski-/fjellsportgruppa and/or Tindegruppa at NTNUI, for meeting students with similar interests. It's also possible to borrow/rent glacier equipment.

Bine #159842 29/07/2008 9:36 AM
Bine Offline OP
Nytt medlem
OP Offline
Nytt medlem

Thank you very much for your answer, I am going to read some information about Alnestind

Thank you

Almost off-season
Bine #159843 29/07/2008 7:02 PM
Okv Offline
Fersking
Fersking

Good summer skiing can be found at Trollstigen (Where Alnestind is), Geiranger-Stryn and on Sognefjellet/Turtagrø.

However, it is kind of late now, I ended my 2008 season on Stryn a couple of weeks ago. But this season has much better snow cover than usual, so you might still find skiing if you are desperate. Do not expect to find any interesting lines.

Example of possible lines that I would look for:

- The short couloir on Trollstigen on Stigbotnhornet, visible from the tourist stop at the top of Trollstigen, beware of rock falls, otherwise easy. - Blåfjellet in Geiranger, easy mountain, easy access, possible to get some really nice runs as well. - Something around Steindalsnosi and Fannaråken on Sognefjellet may be possible, keyword: north-faces.. - Also the north-facing couloir on Austabotntind (Austabotntind V1 NC) may be in condition, but probably too hard now for safe and nice skiing.

So, yes, it is kind of late, remember the Nisse (Norwegian) mountains are not that high in altitude. But, you can still get to ski something, and at the same time see some new terrain that you may want to visit again later.

Bine #159844 29/07/2008 7:27 PM
Bine Offline OP
Nytt medlem
OP Offline
Nytt medlem

Thank for this informations.

Maybe I will go in Trollstingen to see the condition and eventually to ski.

Your purpose look like very interesting and I will do some search about it!Last week end I went to Dovrefjell and I did skiing on 700m height, so it was good for me! But maybe it was my last try!!

Thank you very much for your answer

:grin

Fri Flyt utgis av Fri Flyt AS | Postboks 4767 Nydalen, 0421 Oslo | Tlf: 22 04 46 00
Ansvarlig redaktør: Erlend Sande | Redaktør: Henning Reinton | Nettredaktør: Tore Meirik
Salgssjef Fri Flyt AS: Alexander Hagen | Salgskonsulent: Magnus Utkilen | Prosjektleder: Lisa Kvålshaugen Bjærum
Daglig leder: Audun Holmøy Røhrt | Nettsiden er utviklet av Fri Flyt Byrå